ART + MUSIC + FILM
Join us for the MAINE OUTDOOR FILM FESTIVAL at Down East Gallery! Celebrating art, music, film, and outdoor adventure with an evening under the stars at Lincoln County’s first film festival.
Thursday, September 27, 2018
5 – 7 pm: ART + MUSIC
- A plein air art exhibition featuring paintings by Brad Betts created outdoors or “en plein air”.
- Enjoy artisanal brews donated by our local brewery, Boothbay Craft Brewery & Watershed Tavern!
- Bring a picnic or plan to purchase a dinner from the Two Maine Guys food truck, serving burgers, pulled pork and grilled chicken or fish tacos.
- Live music by Ben Betts and Persephone at their dual album release party.
7 – 9:30 pm: MAINE OUTDOOR FILM FESTIVAL
- Bring your own beverage, picnic and blanket to enjoy an evening under the stars watching independent films by Maine, national and international documentary film makers.
- A 9′ x 12′ outdoor movie screen will be set up in the mowed field on the slope of the hill behind the barn – a natural ampitheater! As this will be the first official week of the Fall season, please plan to bring some extra sweaters or blankets to keep warm and solid shoes for walking in the field.
- In case of rain, the show will go on! Rain location will be in the 1904 post & beam barn.
- Films begin 30 minutes after sunset (about 7:30 pm).
- The film line-up will include the Audience Winner for the 2018 Summer Broke and Stoked short outdoor film contest “Fly Girls” by Phoebe Parker (featuring Edgecomb’s own Brynna Nelson)!
- Special Appearance: the Director of “This Place called Nuka”, Dave Weich, will be in attendance and available for Q&A after the film.
SUGGESTED DONATION: $3-$5 / person. MOFF has raised funds and awareness for Teens to Trails, which supports Maine high school outing clubs with cash grants, organizational support and programming.
LOCATION: Down East Gallery, 146 Boothbay Road, Edgecomb, ME. The gallery is located on Route 27, only 1/2 mile south of US Route 1. Parking is available across the street from the gallery at the Edgecomb Eddy School.
CONTACT: Brad Betts, 207-318-3282, email@example.com
FILMS TO BE SCREENED (in no particular order):
Film Name- Director- Running Time
Fly Girls – Phoebe Parker – 3:00
Bailey and the Alewives – Molly Haley Photography & David Meiklejohn – 5:19 Freediving the Deepest Blue Hole in the World – 360 Media Ventures – 6:21
Playing on the Pinn – Rob Johnson – 10:50
One Week At A Time – No Umbrella Media – 11:17
After the Man – Kalle Bailey, Alec Salisbury, Ben Freeman – 15:36
This Place Called Nuka: Courting Adventure in Wild Alaska – Dave Weich Sheepscot Creative – 22:20
*Screening schedule is subject to change*
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 71 minutes
There will also be a brief intermission with a free door prize raffle.
MOFF for more information on film screenings all around the great state of Maine!
Down East Magazine: Going Bigger
Boothbay Register: Where It’s At